Favorite Ski Socks for Kids
Cold toes are a total bummer, ski moms swear by these socks to keep kids warm.
One essential that is on the top of our ski trip packing list for is warm socks. Cold feet can turn little rippers grumpy, and lumpy socks can lead to blisters. It makes sense to invest in a pair or two just for snowsports.
Related: Best skiing base layers for kids
Favorite Ski Socks for Kids
For some reason, socks are always the first thing to go missing, I'm always replacing them. That's why I tried to give you a wide range of pricing.
- Eurosocks: These socks can be pricey, but that makes sense, they are thick and warm and provide support. They are made specifically made for children's feet, extremely soft and comfortable with a dynamic thickness to provide cushioning support. These fit the tiniest toddlers and are my pick for ski socks for kids. Note: they are QUITE thick. Get them on Amazon here ($16). (note this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- Bombas: This pro-level full cushion performance ski and snowboard sock is the high-grade merino wool winter sports sock you need to conquer the mountain. This pair is constructed with a new and improved fit using Merino Wool performance yarns engineered to minimize sock shifting in your boot. It's a thicker pair, so if your kdis run cold, this is a good pick. Materials: 55% Merino Wool, 26% Polyester, 16% Nylon, 3% Elastane Bombas (Set of 3 $67.50)
- REI Coop: This is a good workhorse pair of socks. REI is thoughtful about production. They use a "Responsible Wool Standard"–certified wool comes from farms with a progressive approach to managing land, and from sheep treated according to leading animal welfare standards. Materials: 61% RWS-certified merino wool/36% nylon/3% Lycra spandex Shop the REI Coop ($14.50).
- Yovohari on Amazon: This cotton pair is priced well and ideal for warmer climates. I like the idea of buying in bulk because socks always go missing. Shop on Amazon. ($18 for Two Pairs.) (note this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- Le Bent: Yep, they are pricey, but parents swear by the comfort and quality. The Definitive Fit System™ delivers a close form fit, with light cushioning over the shin and under the foot for additional padding in these high impact zones. Crafted from our Signature Merino Blend, this sock ensures exceptional breathability, temperature regulation and comfort by melding the luxuriously soft on-skin properties of bamboo rayon and the unrivaled odor resistance. Shop at Le Bent. ($24)
- Darn Tough: Vermonters know a lot about staying warm in the winter. This kids' over the calf socks average 13 in. from heel to cuff - expect them to cover the leg to just below the knee. Moms love that these are unconditionally guaranteed for life. These socks are thinner than the Euro Socks. Materials: 50% Nylon, 47% Merino Wool, 3% Lycra® Spandex Get the kids Pow Cow socks here. ($20).
- Lands' End: Kids Thermaskin Heat Knee High Boot Socks. Their toes will stay nice and toasty with the Thermaskin™ technology in these boot socks, which generates heat by absorbing and wicking away moisture. They also come with complete arch support and an extra bit of stretch so they stay heavy-duty all winter long. You can't beat the pricing on Lands' End. If you ever see these on for full price just wait, they will ALWAYS go on sale. Materials: Rayon/acrylic/polyester/spandex blend. Shop Lands' End here. ($8 and up per paid).
MORE SKIING RESOURCES FROM MOMTRENDS
- Ski Mom recommended ski travel gear
- 12 Ways to Recycle and Resell Old Ski Gear
- 5 ways to save money on your next ski trip
Use Pinterest to save your favorite family travel features. Be sure to follow our Ski Moms Pinterest Board.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. This post contains affiliate links.