10 Things I Love Sunday
Hi!! We just got back from a kind of whirlwind trip to Atlanta to join my husband out on tour (he’s in the backing band for Twenty One Pilots) and to see my sister’s family there. Then, a drive up to Nashville to visit Elsie and some other southern friends.
Since we moved in the thick of Covid, it was so hard to leave last fall and barely say goodbye to people, so to come back and give out real hugs and grab some favorite treats was really nice for all of us.
Here’s what else I love this week!
2. We’ve never done full family matching pjs before, but this seemed like a great year to do it, so I went with these!
I may even buy Lola another set a few sizes up so she can grow into the next set and we can use them for several years to come.
3. Got these boots in the bone color (more sizes and colors here) and I love them! I haven’t had sock boots before this year, and they are so comfortable (and you can put jeans over the top of them) which I can’t do with the shape of a lot of my other boots.
Even as a mom, I still love a boot with some height—but I need a chunky heel, so that style is perfect.
Also, this cropped sweatshirt is the perfect fall/winter basic for me (and it’s on sale today!). Cropped sweatshirts tucked into jeans with boots is my comfy-but-put-together look, haha.
5. Lola got to see her dad play a show while we were in Atlanta, and even though she was so tired (up way past bedtime) I think it was a really special thing for all of us.
It’s the first time she’s been old enough to know what’s happening and remember the memory. I took a million pictures and videos because it was such a special night for us.
6. Can you tell my brain is in full Christmas mode?? I tried to get this doormat last year but I didn’t order in time, so I ordered it early to make sure I got one. I love it!
8. This map of the North Pole is so cute!
9. On our trip, my friend Kate introduced me to this maca chocolate herbal coffee, and I ordered myself a bag the day we got home because it was so good!
Now, I do like “regular” coffee during the day, but there’s definitely a time cutoff for me where caffeine is a no-go if I want to fall asleep on time, so this will be perfect for when I want a coffee-type drink later in the day or after dinner.
The base of the drink is chicory root (which is what they blend into the famous Cafe Du Monde coffee in New Orleans) and it’s a prebiotic as well, so it’s also good for you!
10. Speaking of coffee, I didn’t like having to share the one Santa mug I bought last year, so I’m making sure we have enough for everyone at my house this year! These Santa mugs in lighter and darker skin tones are classics.
I’m trying to wait a tiny bit more before decorating for Christmas as I do love it so much, but I need to get my cinnamon roll game together (it’s a Thanksgiving morning tradition for us while we watch the parade). This small-batch overnight cinnamon roll recipe is a classic.
I’m going to miss that sherpa light jacket I’m wearing in the photo as it gets colder, but maybe this is the winter version (and it’s on major sale!)? There’s some snow in our weekly forecast so we may be getting into the holiday spirit over here very soon! xo. Laura